Translate

Monday, May 18, 2015

GVK-Player Renews Contract


It feels good that we agreed to continue her contract and that Meghan Sherman will stay with us for the 2015/16 season. Sherman is very serious about volleyball and is passionate about her job and is a fine example for the club's youth players. In addition to her role in the Elitserien team, Meghan is also important for us off the court and we hope to get even more benefit from her leadership in the upcoming season.

We salute Meghan Sherman and give a warm welcome to Gislaved Volleyboll Klubb.


Hi Meghan, and welcome back to another season with Gislaveds VK. We have a few questions that we would like to ask you.
What are you looking forward to most this season? 
Another opportunity to continue playing the sport I love. I really believe in the forward progress we have made and know that there is so much more we have yet to achieve! 
What can you contribute to the team? 
My love for the game, my competitive nature, and my experience. I know how important it can be for a team to have someone to look to when things get crazy, and hope that I can be a player the team trusts to keep things calm and focused. 
How long have you played volleyball? 
I was on my first club team when I was 8, but it was a mixed boy and girl team since there were so few players. We can guess that it’s been like 15 years or something… 
Why did you choose to play for GVK? 
I believe in the club’s vision for our team. Last season was a rebuilding year, and my first season with GVK, so we had a lot of ups and downs, and a lot of learning for everyone. I know that this year, we will see a lot of the results that were built from last season. 
What's the best part about playing volleyball? 
I agree with Lisa about this being the ultimate team sport. Every action you do directly connects to the next touch. For me, it’s the feeling I get when my action can put my teammate in a perfect situation to take a huge attack or get a monster block, that’s the best feeling. I almost get more excited than they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment