Translate

Friday, November 13, 2015

VN Interview: Lisa Tannerfalk

Studying to be a nurse, moonlighting as a nurse assistant, all while playing elitserien volleyball.
"I have more time now than before."
She is the player who has been Gislaved faithful.




Växjö-grown Lisa Tannerfalk is currently in her sixth season with Gislaved Volleybollklubb, a club she did not think she'd stay in.

"I thought, this hole one can not live in," she says, laughing. "But I took it one year at a time and it felt so amazingly good."

Now, the "dungeon" has become a home for Lisa Tannerfalk. She found love, stopped studying in Linköping and continued in GVK. Instead, she continued her studies in Jönköping, along with a little moonlighting as a nurse for a home for elderly suffering from dementia.

"I have been a nurse assistant for a long time. It's pretty handy with volleyball. I wanted to feel that I was done with volleyball before I started studying, but I never felt ready to stop playing. So I jumped on education. It was a bit messy."

Despite three pursuits she had even more hectic past.

"This is really something I started last fall. I worked extra last year at the post office, too. So I am old postman. But I have more time now than when I worked at the post office."

"Anything can work if you want. I study one hundred percent and to work extra as part-time, is maybe unnecessary. But it works well, you learn structure. One must take advantage of the little time you have."

She has started the season well. She is the third most effective blocker, and the fifth most efficient attacker in the whole league so far, with six games played in the league.

"It's not my best year so far," she says as she points out that she is not looking at statistics.

"But the block has always been my strength. This year, I have talked a lot with Meghan (Sherman), she thinks it's fun to use the middle attack. We had a talk before the season in which she said: "You are a good blocker but we'll get you a good attacker, too." Well, maybe I should be, I thought. Haha. It's funny, I never thought that I could help the team that way. It has been the block that I have focused most on."

"But I check the statistics for the fun of it. But it is the team effort that I focus most on. Plus and minus can, however, be relevant, if you win your game in the match."

On Saturday they face Lindesberg. It hopes Tannerfalk be the beginning of the climb.

"The victories will come. The only question is when. I hope it starts on Saturday and we're doing a really good match. We feel that it is time to pick up some points!"

No comments:

Post a Comment